Friday, November 28, 2014

Our Thanksgiving

We made it through our first holiday alone.  All in all we did end up having a good day. It was low key for sure, but it was nice. Really nice. I was expecting a complete disaster (both emotionally and cooking wise), but it was so much better than expected on both levels. It was relaxing and that was nice. Here is what our Thanksgiving looked like:





Josh making antipasto


Sarah helping her brother make antipasto

Organizing the second layer

Sarah's version of anitpasto. (We ended up taking a bit off of the top and putting it in a baggie for the first after dinner snack.)

Elizabath making our version of what a Thanksgiving turkey should look like.

All dressed up. The kids decided that even though it was just going to be us we still wanted to get dressed up. Here is Mr. Andrew Timothy looking as handsome as ever. 

Elizabeth's Thanksgiving Turkey.

Sarah & Elizabeth setting the table. We made homemade placemats a couple of days ago in honor of Thanksgiving. 


Our Thanksgiving table - almost finished.


Bob working on the turkey.



A work in progress...

The first batch of leftover anitpasto. (We ended up with 2 huge bags because I grossly overestimated how much food a family of 6 really needs.)

The kids just about peed their pants when they saw I bought Stove Top. They love it and I never buy it. 

Green bean casserole.

Corn - I don't know why, but for some reason corn at Thanksgiving always reminds me of my Grammie. (Even though she would have cooked creamed corn. If I cooked that my kids would think I was trying to feed them a nonfood substance.) So, I cooked corn in honor of her. 

Getting ready for dinner.

Add caption

Handsome Daddy



Bob's first bird!



Dinner time!


All done...

The Aftermath...

Stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment