Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Spark by Kristine Barnett




I love to read. If I could, I would spend hours of each day reading. I like what most people would call 'self-help' books the best, but I also like a variety of other kinds of books. Of all of the books I have read few have touched me as deeply as this one has. This book is not just for those people who are parents with children of autism, but rather any parent who is willing to be daring enough to go against the mainstream thought of the day. It is about parenting from your gut and making decisions that you know are right for your family regardless of the hurdles that appear before you or the naysayers who would like to have you doubt yourself. This book is absolutely remarkable. If you are a parent who is looking to be inspired to go against the grain on any issue - whether it be big or little - I highly recommend this book to you.

I rented it from the library, but will be ordering it shortly because it is one of those books that I know I will come back to again and again for inspiration and hope.


(Photo courtesy of: amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment