Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving & Today

This is our first Thanksgiving alone, and I have mixed feelings. A part of me is excited to create our own traditions, but the other part of me is so sad that my family is gathering without us. I miss my family (and friends) deeply, but I know that I am only able to miss them so much because I am away. Being away allows me to appreciate them all in a way I could not if I had stayed.

I will be sure to post pictures of our feast post Thanksgiving, but in the meantime here is some of what our day has looked liked:

Elizabeth building a Lincoln Log town. She was trying to replicate what Plymouth, MA looked like for the first Thanksgiving.

Laundry day!

Sorted laundry...kinda of. 

Andy helping to build the Pilgrims first town. 

Flowers from my Mom and Dad


Making a card for Nana and Papa.

A beautiful, anonymously given bouquet.

Pizza crust (and pie crust not shown.)

Playing a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment