Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The last piece.



We received 3 offers on our house within the last week. Two of them were legitimate. One of them was laughable. So by this time tomorrow we should be under contract with someone else who will love (and then loath) our home as much as our family did.



As much as I am relieved that I don't have to carry two mortgages I am also a bit melancholy about the sale of my home. This was my home for 11 years. It was the home that I brought my two daughters to. The home in which my boys and girls developed their best friendships. It was where birthday parties and Christmas' were had. My home was where we brought Lily to. It was where my family shared may laughs and good times. It was also where we shared some tears and desperately low times.  Now that space will belong to someone else.

It also makes me a little bit sad because our home was one of the last tangible things that held us to Ohio. It was a place that allowed me to still feel like I was still a member of the community there. Now I feel like we are really out here on our own.

Now someone new will be sitting in my kitchen having their morning cup of coffee. Someone new will be using my bathroom to get ready for the day. Someone new will take my place as a neighbor and friend. Pretty soon our presence there will be one distant memory, and the thought of that makes me want to cry.



When I look at these pictures a smile crosses my face. I am so thankful for the life that I lead in my house - even when during the dark times of my life.





When I look at these photos I can Joselynn biking down the sidewalk asking if Sarah can play. I see Leah and Bahmer stopping by to see who can hang out. 


I think of my nephew and niece calling out to me. So happy to see me, but more happy to see my kids. I see them crouched in this sandbox playing and making creations. 


When I look at my front door I expect to see the bikes from the kids "framily" - Michael, Logan, and Boorman. I expect to hear the hesitant knock of Logan checking to see if the boys are home. I see the sweet face of Boorman peeking into my kitchen window to let me know that he has arrived. I hear Elizabeth with her new friendships with Emma and Ellie squealing on the trampoline. I hear playful arguments among the boys as to who is out in their latest soccer game also in the trampoline.  I miss my kids friends. I miss my friends. And it goes without saying that I miss my family. 

My home was the last piece to go. It went after the car and the boxes. After the suitcases and the dog. Now what was once mine will belong to someone else...and that kinda makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment