Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Home Stretch

We got back a couple of hours ago from dropping the kids dad off at the airport so that he can head back to Chicago. We are getting used to the back and forth now as it has been 5 months to the day that he headed out there for a 7.5 month work assignment. I wasn't so sure that I was going to make it between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but now that I am on the other side of that doubt I am confident that I can make it through the amount of time we committed to..

We are waiting to see if this Chicago thing is going to become a permanent job assignment for him in which we would join him, or if this is truly going to be a temporary assignment, and he will be back in his old office beginning April 1st. I am not going to lie and say that I will not be disappointed if this doesn't turn into something more permanent because we have sacrificed so much by him being away. I also know that if this doesn't work out that there is a reason. This is just one of those things that I have no control over, and need to learn to be okay with the unknown right now. At some point (hopefully in the next 4-6 weeks) we should know his fate.

Either way, I am ready for my husband to come back to us on a permanent basis - not just a weekend fix. It is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment