Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I am Blessed

I have a great husband. I have the kind of husband that lets me pursue my dreams, and supports them, even when they are not his dreams or hopes. I have a husband who works super hard so that I can enjoy the privilege of staying home with my children. I have a husband who allows me to bounce zany ideas off of him - try out those ideas - get discouraged by those ideas - throw those ideas out the window only to come back to those same ideas again.

I lead a very privileged life. I have four AMAZING children. I have the balls to think outside of the box, and to apply some of those thoughts to my life - even when others do not support them. I am an independent thinker and try to come to my own conclusions about things without someone or some company trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I feel blessed that I am able to not always follow the grain even when that would be easier.

I am so blessed, and I take it for granted every single day. I would like to stop doing that.  It has been a rough few months for so many reasons, but through it all instead of complaining I should have been thanking God for all that He has given to me. I may lack in material things, but I certainly do not lack in matters of the heart. That is what is important in this life.

There are times - especially lately - when I have thought to myself that if I just went out and got a part time job then we could take amazing vacations and not be so frugal. We could move into a much bigger home, and not have to think twice about it. Some days that route seems like the only solution, and just when I am ready to update my resume my husband will pull me back into my Truth. The small house won't matter in 20 years. What will matter is that I will have been home with my children when they got home from school. That I was able to BE with them every day, and that they had a hug and a smile to come home to. That they had a mom who could run their lunch up to them if they forgot it. A mom who didn't have to worry about taking time off from work to stay home with a sick child because I CHOSE to be here every day. Again, to me, that is what is important in this life.

The way I parent my children will affect the way they parent their children, and so on and so forth. I am blessed that I know this, and that I try very hard (and often fail, but that doesn't stop me from trying again) to be the best mother to each of my children.

I have a lot to be thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment