Friday, October 25, 2013

A Day of Fun at Ramseyer Farm

Every year I look forward to going to Ramseyer Farm in the fall to pick pumpkins and enjoy their corn mazes. (They have the best mazes that I have found by far.) The kids love all of the other activities that they offer as well. We tried to pick a time when we didn't think it would be too busy, but where we could also get the best bang for our buck. (I find that for a family of 6 the price of admission is pricey especially when the farm is only opened for a few hours during the week days. The price goes up on weekends, and with the crowds increasing as well I thought we could get a better deal if we went during the week even though they are only open from 3-7 pm.

So, off we went to enjoy an afternoon of fun.
Off we go to begin our adventure! (I allowed the kids to get a box of "fruit" snacks as a special treat. They were so excited to have this "luxury" item.)

This smile and the laughter that accompanied it means more to me now than I ever thought was possible. Sarah had just come down a huge slide that lands in a pile of corn kernels. The slide is super fast. 


Miss Elizabeth enjoying the giant pumpkin.

The kids playing one of the many games the farm has set up.


I thought that this music garden was a great idea. There were metal spoons attached that you could use to create a musical sound. If I could sell my house anytime soon I would love to create something like this in my next home.

The weather was a beast at times. It would fluctuate between sunshine and hard snow at the drop of a hat. Here the kids and I were enjoying a racetrack the farm had set up. 



These slides were amazing. They were so much fun! 


The boys kept racing each other down the slide.
The loves of my life. Me and Josh

Andy and Me

Sarah & Me

Elizabeth & Me

There were these really cool underground tunnels set up that the kids could explore. 

My crew had a lot of fun playing tag and hide & seek in them.

Next we all attempted the barrel roll. Josh found laying down in his  tube helpful in recharging his battery. 

The girls had a system of their own in which one of them would push the other. They each took turns being the one to lie down. 

Even I attempted to roll my own tube, and after a bit of trouble getting started I was finally able to move it from one end of the track to the other. 


Success!

Andy and Josh feeding the goats. 

All of the kids racing their ducks. This was a really cool activity. 


Josh, using the book provided above, played a rousing rendition of 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' on the colored pipes provided. 

Andy trying his hand at musical pots. 

The pumpkin patch was probably 4 times the size of what is shown here. It was HUGE. By this time in our visit the snow was coming down pretty hard. You can kind of see the flecks in the picture, and even though they don't look too bad it was no fun by this point. We were wet & cold. Time to go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment