Sunday, October 6, 2013

Homemade Spa Evening

The boys (Bob, Andy, and Josh) have had plans for the last several weeks to meet my brother in Columbus and attend a Crew match. Since we are deliberately trying to get by with just 1 vehicle this meant that the girls and I would be spending our Saturday night at home. I wanted to to do something cool with them, so I decided to create a homemade spa. The girls each got a pedicure and a manicure as well as had a homemade facial and hair cleaning.

We used 2Tbsp of honey and 1 1/2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar for our facial along with cucumbers. The mixture dried on the girls faces while they were getting their nails done and they were able to rinse it off quite easily with warm water. As for their hair - I created an egg and olive oil mixture and put it in their hair. The egg is supposed to remove the bad oils in the hair and the olive oil (I only used a teeny, tiny bit) is supposed to help with moisturizing their scalp. (If you are interested here are some pretty neat recipes for homemade hair treatments.)

We had a nice evening, and I think that the girls had fun. After talking with the boys this morning I know that they certainly had fun.  Making memories is what our life is about now, and I am thankful for the ones we created last night.
Miss Elizabeth relaxing with her cucumbers and mask on.

My sugar (as her nickname has been since her birth) also relaxing with her cucumbers and scrub.


Waiting for the egg mixture to work its magic.

Sarah also waiting for the mixture to do its thing.

Soaking their little piggies and hanging out. 

Look how curly their hair is from the egg mixture!!! I love it.

Sarah waiting for her nails to dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment