Saturday, July 10, 2021

A Woman of Leisure: Day 1

Moose hung out with me for hours yesterday. 

A relaxing spot with a beautiful view. 

Keeping watch for intruders...

Wondering where the heck everybody else is...



My lunch and dinner: homemade veggie pizza

Pure bliss and peace. 

An unexpected thunderstorm blew in and hung around for about an hour or so yesterday afternoon. 

 (As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have 6 days of time alone while my family is visiting Ohio. )

I had planned on spending yesterday detoxing myself from the constant 'to do' list that runs in my head just about 24/7. I knew it would be hard for me, but I also knew that in order to make the most of this time alone I HAD to spend my first day detoxing, otherwise these 6 days would just be spent 'doing things' and I wouldn't relax at all. I knew that while this would get some tasks completed,  it would do nothing in terms of helping me recharge my mom/wife batteries which would be no bueno for anyone residing in this household. 

There were a couple of times during the day when I literally had to have an internal conversation with myself about how it was okay to spend a day doing nothing and that 'no' I could not just go do that 'one little thing' because I knew it would lead to me doing another little thing and another one...

I spent the day as a true woman of leisure. I ate when I wanted to. I ate what I wanted to (within reason), I read a book for hours, journaled on and off throughout the whole day, took the dog for a walk, went to the community pool for a dip, took a long bath, and ordered myself some flowers to be delivered this morning. I spent hours on my back deck during the day and a good portion of the evening rocking away on my front porch as day turned into night.  

I didn't have to answer to anyone, cater to anyone, or do anything for anyone, but myself. 

I fell asleep to the sound of Katydids right outside my bedroom window and the whir of a fan. (I made the decision to keep the air off yesterday in an attempt to keep me from doing any chores since it was so darn hot in the house. I made it through today as well, but I turned on the a/c about 30 minutes ago when the temp inside the house was a humid 82 degrees.) 

I cannot tell you how much I needed yesterday. I cannot believe I have 5 more days of this bliss! 

It was one of the most relaxing, carefree days I have had in years. It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

No comments:

Post a Comment