Monday, July 12, 2021

A Woman Of Leisure: Day 3

 



Keeping me safe from nature...always on the watch

I had a good day yesterday. I slept awful the previous night again which I suspect is going to be the way all of my nights are until Bobby comes home, but otherwise I managed my day well. 

I completed some of my 'to do' tasks and then spent the day reading. I didn't end up writing in my journal and I also didn't spend too much time outside. It was really humid yesterday (and hot too), so other than my morning time outside with the cat for 20-30 minutes and my walk with the dog in the evening I was indoors the rest of the day. 

I ended up finishing two books yesterday which was awesome. One of them I started the day before and the second one I began reading just yesterday and found it to be such an engaging story and an easy read that I was able to finish it by the early evening. I am now well on my way towards hitting my goal of reading 52 books this year after making up for lost time during the first few months of 2021. 

I also ended up playing a few rounds of solitaire too. 

I struggled a lot yesterday, particularly in the evening, with my personal conviction to not watch tv during this time alone. I have my reasons for doing so and plan on sharing them in a separate post at the end of the week. I was so close to caving on this decision last night and had really tried to talk myself out of my desire to go tv
free with all sorts of excuses. I had already caved on my no a/c conviction and in the end was able to hold off on the no tv. I woke up today really happy that I didn't cave which makes me realize just how important this goal is to me. 

I have a feeling that as I face these next three days before my family comes home the tv issue is going to pop up more frequently. The initial novelty of writing in my journal and reading is wearing off, and although I still enjoy both immensely, my mind is looking for other ways to occupy its time. Here lies the crux of why I am trying to stand firm in not watching tv - I need to learn to sit with myself better without being occupied by other things. 

Always by my side these last few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment