Sunday, July 11, 2021

A Woman of Leisure: Day 2

The flowers I ordered for myself on Friday arrived yesterday. 

I love how peaceful my backyard is. I love all of the birds flying around. I love the tall trees. 

My outdoor wingman. 


 Yesterday was kinda blah. I started the day off without a clear plan as to what my goals were for the day. Because of this I felt adrift for most of my hours. I knew I still had plenty of time left to accomplish my 'to do' list, but I also knew that I didn't know where to start on my list. Plus, I wanted to make sure that I had time each day to relax. 

I did not sleep very soundly the night before either (which was/is expected when Bobby is not home). I think this added to my unease with the day as well. 

I did end up tackling my master bedroom closet which was one of my projects I wanted to tackle while the kids and Bobby were gone. I didn't like how it was organized. It didn't feel right. I know that sounds a bit loco, but if a room's energy doesn't sit well with me I have to arrange and change things up until they do. It doesn't matter if it a room, closet, shelf, wall decor - if it doesn't sit right in my gut I play around with it until it does. (Much to the chagrin of my family.) This can be a bit tricky in a smaller house where I can only arrange things or put things in so many places, but eventually I almost always find a way to make it work for me. 

Other than my closet (which took quite a while), I read outside and wrote in my journal. I also took the dog for a walk and met some neighbors. 

I closed the night out by reading and playing solitaire with myself. I stuck to my text and blog only electronic rule I set for myself although I did think seriously about watching a movie last night. I ended up talking myself out of it. 

Finally, I did end up turning back on our central air. I was trying to go without it while my family was gone, mainly because I wanted to feel the natural ebb and flow of each day. Central air is awesome and I love it, but I also think it keeps me from experiencing the ebb and flow of summer days and it's natural rhythms. (Cooler mornings in which to get housework and other tasks done followed by relaxing in the afternoons as the heat hits its zenith which then allows for cooler evenings in which to prepare for the next day. With central air a person's house is the same temp all day, so I feel like I have an artificial day in some aspects in which I can do anything at any time of day I want because the temp of the house is constant. I don't know if that makes sense to any of you, and maybe I sound like I am off my rocker, but it makes sense to me. Plus, I suppose it doesn't matter anymore because I couldn't hang with the heat and humidity down south anyway, so I feel a bit like a failure in that regard. 

I would definitely say that it was still nice to be alone yesterday despite my grumpiness and no plan for the day. I was still able to glean some goodness and enjoyment out of it, and more importantly I learned just how important it is for me to have a game plan for each day - even if that game plan is just to relax. 



No comments:

Post a Comment