Thursday, July 29, 2021

Summer Days

 The rhythm I had hoped to establish this summer has yet to come to fruition, and with August fast approaching I am not sure that it will ever come about. 

Joshua is coming home to us in a few days and if I am being completely honest, I am nervous for him to join us. I think we have all grown these last few months. The five of us have grown together and Joshua has grown more independent. I hope that he will just slide back into our unit seamlessly, but I am not sure that our reunion will be completely smooth. (I could also be worrying for nothing. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I have caused myself a reasonable amount of anxiety for no reason.) 

August brings visits from family and the boys will begin their classes. There are choir tryouts for the girls and curriculum decisions to be made for their fall classes which will begin the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Services for Sarah will also be established in August in hopes to give her the skills needed to be ready for college in two years. I have reached out to the North Carolina School for the Blind and have been unsuccessful in getting someone to return an email or a phone call despite numerous attempts to numerous personnel. I am hoping once school is back in session I will have more success. 

I have felt incredibly out of sorts since coming back from vacation last weekend. I cannot pinpoint a definitive reason why I can only acknowledge that I have these feelings, learn to sit with them, and then let them go or work themselves out. 

For now, I will let the days unfold as they may and try to be present and enjoy each one as I can. 



We got a late start, but have planted a microscopic garden consisting of basil, a tomato, squash, and pepper plant. 

Helping me put together a flower arrangement. I love this cat!!!

Flowers (and candles) are my big indulgence. Fresh flowers are must haves in my house. The are a weekly gift I give to myself to remind me to seek beauty in my life. 



Meeting their first people in NC. Branching out is so hard to do for anyone let alone teenagers. 

Every-other-evening D&D campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment