Thursday, July 15, 2021

Today

 I have been invited to a girls night out tomorrow, and I initially turned down the offer because we are getting ready for vacation and visitors beginning on Saturday. 

My family encouraged me to change my mind - its  been a really, really long time since I've had the opportunity to go out with people not related to me. After taking a short bit to think about it, I decided to change my mind and have my first GNO here in Charlotte. I am nervous and excited at the same time. 

It is comforting beyond words to live among people who are warm and friendly - people who want to get to know you. It is yet another thing that I love about living in this area. Based on my experiences there is nothing that beats the friendliness of the south - whether that be southwest or southeast it is all the same in terms of openness and willingness to reach out and meet new people. 

On another note - it was so good to have my people come home yesterday. I am excited for the rest of them to come home in the next couple of weeks. We went out to dinner last night and enjoyed a delicious meal. It is fun to explore new places and find new things to love. 

The girls have helped me out with a couple of odds and end chores this afternoon. They are trying to earn some last minute money for our vacation to Edisto Island. I've never been before, but my sister her family go every year and invited us to join them this year. The three kids and I figured now would be as good as time as any to go considering we are only 4 hours away. Bobby is going to stay back to work and take care of our animals. 

I found this little mushroom while weeding the backyard. 

Flowers because they make me happy. 

I found this pine tree when raking the backyard when we first moved into the house. It is growing in the nook of this big oak tree. I am going to love watching it grow over time. 
My weeding helper. 

Another glimpse of that little guy. 

Moose helping to oversee me putting together my tulip vase. 



No comments:

Post a Comment