Monday, March 7, 2022

Family Meals - Week of March 6

Last week's bread making was successful - I would say anyway. The kids usually get nervous when I go into one of my 'try and make everything from scratch modes' because I have tried to make some crazy things - corn tortillas and pasta come to mind as some of my biggest nightmarish food disasters. I don't necessarily blame them either for being hesitant to try things like homemade bread because it is different from store bought bread - it's supposed to be different. (But - I also have made this bread on and off for years, so it's not entirely new to them either.) The recipe that I love for making homemade bread has 5 ingredients - yeast, flour, salt, sugar, and vegetable (or olive) oil. It is incredibly easy to make and 1 loaf will last us about 3 days - as soon as the kiddos realize that my bread is not poison and choose to eat it themselves vs me forcing it on them I will probably go through two loaves every 3 days. Thank goodness most of my kiddos are good sports about their diet and they understand that eating well is good for them - even if it takes a minute or two for them to want to choose healthier options. (I get it - I am the same way.) They are also very sweet in understanding that the bread I usually buy (Dave's Killer Bread) is no longer an option for us at about $6 a loaf, and don't give me too much grief that homemade bread is what is in the budget right now. 


Anyway, our breakfast meals will always be the same every week. Our lunches will have some variety, but not as much as our dinner choices. 

Breakfast

Cereal/Oatmeal

Pancakes

Waffles

Muffins

Cinnamon Buns

French Toast

Bagels/Eggs


Lunches

Fajitas

Chicken Noodle Soup

PbJ

Grilled Cheese

Macaroni and Cheese

Leftovers


Dinners

Chimichangas

Lemon/Herb Chicken w/ Rice and Veggies

Stromboli

Baked Ziti with Meatballs, Bread, and Salad

Breaded Chicken with Scalloped Potatoes and Salad

Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment