Friday, March 18, 2022

Ordinary Moments - Week 10 of 2022

Picture of a painting of Elizabeth's. It is a close up of a Muslim woman's face.
Another drawing and painting of Elizabeth's. 

Moose sitting in the basket on your stomach as you lay on the couch in the living room. His big butt hanging out of the basket.
I am going through the house donating our unsused items to goodwill. I needed the girls' help while going through our books and games. I had an empty container that Moose tried to fit his fat butt in. Obviously, he is bigger than he thinks he is because his body was hanging out of the basket big time.

Clothes drying on the clothesline in the backyard.
One of my most favorite of simple pleasures: the smell of clothes that have dried on a line. 

The white and pink tulips on the dining room table.
I have said it before and will say it again - Whole Foods has the best flowers ever. They are very, very well priced and they last for around 2+ weeks. If you love flowers like me and have a Whole Foods nearby - I would encourage you to purchase some for yourself to see what I am talking about. 

Moose sitting in an empty cubby in the living room while I sort through the goodwill items.
Moose "helping" me go through all of the cubbies in our living room looking for items to donate. 

Another angle of Moose's fat body hanging out of the basket as he rests on your stomach.
More proof that my cat is too large for this basket. 

A picture of three stacks of napkins - one red and two green.
Over a decade ago, when I quit my job and decided to make homemaking my full-time ministry, I decided to invest in some housewares that I had considered by-gone. One of those items was cloth napkins. These three sets were my first three. They aren't particularly useful because their material is/was  too slippery to actually absorb anything, but they were what I had and so I used them.  I have since collected a better collection of napkins and knew that I could let these guys go. I wanted to have a picture of them though because they remind me of my beginnings as a stay-at-home mom and an era of having a house full of little children. 

a lilac rose which is part of a small bouquet of flowers by the sink.
Sometimes I splurge and buy myself two bouquets of flowers - one for my dining room table and one for beside my sink. I spend so much time in my kitchen - cooking, baking, cleaning up - that I love having something beautiful like flowers to constantly smell and look at. 

Photo of my unbaked chicken pot pie crust waiting to go into the oven.
Per the request of one of my children I baked chicken pot pie for dinner one night. Homemade crust and all. 



View of the backyard from the table.
My backyard brings me such a sense of peace. It is not the backyard that I want forever, but it is a good backyard for right now and for that I am thankful. 

a squirrel hanging out on a limb watching dad, maxi, and me walk on the trail.
I have been walking almost daily on a good portion of a 9 mile (round trip) trail near our house. The trail also brings me a sense deep peace as it follows a decent sized brook and is almost entirely surrounded on both sides by woods. I saw this guy spying me, Bobby, and Maxi yesterday while we walked the trail and wanted to take a picture of it. 
 
Potting soil and our seeds.
Getting ready to begin our seeds indoors this weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment