Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Ordinary Moments: Week 8 of 2022


 I cannot believe that we have already completed our 8th week of 2022. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing in the new year with my tribe, and here we are already 1/6 of the way through that same year. Time truly amazes me. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that time can seem to move both so slowly and so quickly depending on what is happening in my life. 

Here is just a minute glimpse of my ordinary moments from last week. I truly believe in 5 years when I look back on these posts that these mundane, average parts of my day - the things I do without a thought or an acknowledgement - are the things that will mean the most. 




View of the brook from a bridge towards the end of dad's and my walk. The bridge is covered with moss.
This view reminds me of Portland. It was a rainy, cloudy day when we took this path for the first time which only added to the Portland-ish vibe. The feeling was surprisingly comforting to me. 

a dozen deep pink tulips sitting in their vase on the dining room table.
I haven't had flowers in the house since around Thanksgiving - if I had to guess. It's been a while. I am not sure why because flowers are such a relatively inexpensive gift (when you know where to get them from) for myself and make me happy. 

A photo of the van's gas tank door open and the nozzle resting in its place on the door which Elizabeth told me there was.
I have a confession to make. I had no idea every car comes with a place to put your gas cap thing when you are filling up for gas. Elizbeth (my child with no license) is actually the one who told me about this last week. Of course, when I got gas and saw that she was right I had to take a picture and send it to her. Who knew?!

A picture of the table set for dinner with 5 place settings.
I have never been good at making sure my family ate dinner together every night. I feel like I was better at it when my kiddos were little, but I still wasn't super great about it. I decided to try to be more intentional about eating dinner together this year. I haven't been perfect about it - not by a long shot, but I do think that I have gotten better about eating our meals together - even if it is just a smudge better. 

Photo of moosey in a basket on top of the kitchen table peaking out at me from the handle while I work on my morning things.

A photo of my blog.

Maxi and you on the couch after that gun? shot went off and scared him.
Fireworks and gun shots scare the hell out of Max. He does not usually jump on our couch unless he hears one of those noises which was the case on this night. Sarah was on the couch first and he had to be touching her... 

A picture of moosey's hairy little paw trying to swipe at the camera while he sits in the basket and I try to take pics of him.
He was swiping at my phone as I tried to take pictures of him. 

Pic of Moosey's front paws sticking out from the handle of the basket - slightly dangling.
Seriously. How can I not obsessively love this cat? He is so darn cute! I am 100% convinced there will never, ever be another cat like Moose in my life. He is a one of a kind gift. 

Map of the trail Bobby and I began to hike last week. We hike about 5 miles in 90 minutes. The trail is pretty flat and paved, but meanders parallel to a nice size stream/brook through the woods. It also backs up to different developments some of which are H-U-G-E and are kinda cool to look at. (Although I would never want to pay the utility bill on a house that big.)


No comments:

Post a Comment