Sunday, March 20, 2022

Spring Soccer Game 1 - Elizabeth

Elizabeth played in her first soccer game of the spring season on Saturday (03/19/22). This is her second season with this team, and she is so excited to continue her soccer experience with them. This is by far her most favorite team she has ever played on. I feel that Elizabeth has grown a lot as a player while being a member of this team - I credit her coach for this.
 Bobby is also helping the team out by being an assistant coach again this season. It means a lot to me (and Elizabeth) that Bobby has chosen to be a part of this team. He knows very little about soccer (besides being a spectator) but stepped up to be a part of something that Elizabeth loves dearly. I love that they have this time together and it is an experience I know that Elizabeth will remember for many years to come. 

I have always enjoyed watching Elizabeth play - not because of her skills (although she is getting to be a pretty solid player), but because she is probably the best teammate that I know of. She is such an encourager and cheerleader for the other girls on the team. She is kind and genuinely wants them to do well even if it means she needs to take a step out of the spotlight in order for them to shine. She truly has a heart of gold, and it is clearly on display when she plays with these girls. I have found in my years of watching my children play in competitive sports that players like Elizabeth - the ones who want others to shine and are happy for them when they do - are rare. It makes me so proud to watch Elizabeth's kindness ooze out of her when she plays. 


Elizabeth going up to challenge the ball at midfield.


Corner kick

Elizabeth is standing at the goal waiting for the other team to kick a corner kick.
Elizabeth is the girl in the blue jersey all the way on the left of the field standing right at the goal. She is waiting for the other team to kick a corner kick. 


Elizabeth challenging the ball over by her own goal.
Elizabeth is a defender and is challenging the ball in this pic. I wish I had gotten a closer shot. 

Elizabeth taking a goal kick.
Elizabeth is amazing at goal kicks and throw-ins. She displays amazing power and can really move the ball far. 

Getting ready for another goal kick. 

Hand up in the air getting ready to take a free kick. 
Elizabeth right before she kicks the ball. Her back foot is in the air getting ready to launch the ball while her front foot is planted.
I love this shot. 

Elizabeth bent over catching her breath.
Taking a quick break bent over catching her breath. 




My girl. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment