Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Fall 2022 - Game 1: Soccer with Elizabeth

 Elizabeth played her first soccer game for the fall season this past Saturday. Her team ended up losing 0-1. It is always such a shift to go from watching to competitive collegiate soccer to high school recreational soccer. I had to keep reminding myself that the game I was watching was just rec soccer and to reign in my expectations for the game being played out before me. I am hoping I am better able to do that next for next week's game. 

It was nice to watch Elizabeth play soccer again. I know I have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating that Elizabeth is the best teammate. She is always cheering the girls on whether or not she is on the field. She is so excited for them when they do well and is the first to give them an encouraging word when they are struggling. 

As always, Sarah was my trusty, spectating companion. I am not sure how she is able to go to all of the games she does when it is hard to follow the game without sight, but more so because she misses the game so much herself. Her amount of dedication to her siblings is something to behold. 


















Elizabeth on the field


No comments:

Post a Comment