Sunday, September 18, 2022

Homeschooling 2022-2023: Week 3

 This week we were able to get caught up on what we didn't get through last Friday due to my surgery. It was a bit of a stressful week because we didn't get caught up until Thursday, so that feeling of being behind followed me all week. I don't like that feeling. 

The girls are struggling with their sleep schedules which means that, while they are getting up on time, they are having trouble doing their best work because they are too tired. It has been a big frustration for me because I am balancing a home, making meals, and homeschooling. I need all three parts firing on all cylinders in order for things not to become chaotic for me. I am hoping that this week will be better. I talked with the girls at the end of last week about this issue and I am hoping that some of what I said sticks and they will make changes so that they are ready for school at our agreed upon time each morning. 

As for what we went over this past week in school here is what we covered:


Math

Sarah worked on graphing linear inequalities and two review worksheets.

 Elizabeth learned about the distributive property with variables and also two review worksheets.

Science

 Sarah and I finished a chapter on the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. She then worked on a study guide for the chapter. 

Elizabeth took a test on the scientific method and began a new chapter on experiments and how scientists use them and why they use them to prove theories. 


Geography

The girls began a unit on Scandinavia. We focused on Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. We will finish up the unit in the upcoming week. 

Latin

Sarah finished a review unit, took a test, and began Unit III which starts a unit on nouns and their declensions and cases. 

Braille

 Elizabeth also finished up a review unit on punctuation and the alphabet. Next week she will begin working on numbers. 

Psychology

Sarah learned about dreams, the brain, and how & why psychologists perform experiments. 

Language Arts 

Both girls read aloud from their current book selections (Sarah is working through the 5th Little House book and Elizabeth began the first Harry Potter book.) I then read aloud to Sarah for our Great Books series. Each of the girls worked through their spelling lists and each worked through their grammar lessons (most of what they are working on is review from previous years). Finally, for writing the girls did a review on how and why to use a thesaurus and also on basic outlining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment