Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Homeschooling 2022 - 2023: Week 2

 We had a good week last week in terms of homeschooling. We had a little hiccup in that I had planned for a full day of school on Friday even though I knew I was scheduled to have surgery that day. I didn't give myself any leeway to rest once I got home from the surgery which meant that when my body demanded it, not everything on our school 'to do' list got done. 

We are currently making up for that this week. The girls were able to get through a big chunk of their work on Friday - they just needed help with a couple of the heavier subjects such as math and science. 

I am seeing them make progress already in what they can recall from last school year - particularly in math. We are spending a lot of time on math this year (science too) as they tended to be the subjects I saved for last in previous years which meant that they were the first subjects to not get done when something came up. Both of those subjects are the first to get done this year which is a good thing even if it means our mornings/early afternoons are a bit long and tough. 

Once those subjects are out of the way, the day seems to fly. The girls' other subjects tend to take up a lot less time than their math and science courses. I am not really sure why I never had us do math and science first before - maybe it's because those are my least favorite subjects and the ones I am not very confident in doing. Thankfully, I have been using other resources (like Khan academy) to help me learn some of the girls content so I can easily explain it to them. 

I am looking forward to being able to head out of doors in the next several weeks to work on some of our subjects. It is still too hot/humid here (high 80's/low 90's) to go out and do much, but by October we should be able to spend at least part of our days on the back deck learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment