Saturday, May 25, 2013

Birthday Boy - Josh

Today is my son, Joshua's, birthday. He was born at 9:55 am. When he was born his nose and lips seems to take up his entire face, but eventually that little baby grew into a little boy, and that nose and lips fit his face perfectly now. He was such an easy baby who grew into an easy toddler, and an easy child.

I am so proud of him. He is kind and compassionate. An extreme lover of sports. He is such a talented athlete, and I cannot wait to see where his passion for all things soccer takes him. He is a loyal friend, and is becoming an even more loyal brother. He is a mama's boy who will snuggle up to me by moving over on the couch inch by inch instead of just coming over for some lovin'. He does not wear his heart on his sleeve, but rather protects in the event that it could get hurt.



He has grown immensely over this past year - not so much in height, but in maturity, and I no longer feel that I will lose him to his friends when he gets older. My family first motto seems to be sinking in to his psyche, and although he values his friendships very much, they are no longer the end all be all.

He is very quiet, that youngest son of mine, but very observant. He is the fly on the wall always listening, not so much to be nosy, but just because he worries a lot. He is the best friend to his little cousin, Michael, and is a great role model.

He makes my heart smile.

So, to you, Josh - I love you more than you will ever know. I hope that this year is full of everything you could have dreamed of - and then some. I hope that you know how much your dad and I love you, and how valuable you are to our family. You make me so proud, not because of what you do (although you do some amazing things), but because of who you are. Your character is more important to me than anything else you will accomplish in your life. I hope this day is filled with laughter and love and hope.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment