Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Waiting Place

Have you ever read the book, Oh, The Places You'll Go!, by Dr. Seuss? If so, you know the part where he talks about a place where "everyone is just waiting"? I feel  a lot like that right now. Waiting for the kids current school year to end. Waiting to begin home schooling. Waiting to see if we are going to stay on the mobility list with Allstate or just plan on staying here for the long term to be near family in case of another MS flare up. Waiting for Sarah's vision to be completely restored. Waiting to see if this baby project will become a reality or just remain a dream. Waiting to finish Sarah's steroids. Waiting to see what our portion of our medical bills are going to look like. Waiting to decide if we are going to move to a bigger house in Cuyahoga Falls, or if we are going to try and stick it out that much longer in our house. Waiting to see when Sarah's MS is going to act up again. Waiting to see, if it does act up, where will the flare up occur? Waiting, Waiting, WAITING!!!!!

I feel that I have no control over anything in my life. For a control freak like me, that is a terrible, terrible place to be.  My house looks like a bomb went off it in, my refrigerator is bare, and all I feel like doing is burying my head in the sand and ignoring it all. I was so happy, and grateful, what? two weeks ago? Do you remember all of those blogs of me dripping with gratitude, and love, and just pure gratefulness? Ah, that ship has sailed, hasn't it? Instead of certainty about my life I feel more uncertain than ever. I do not feel like I even know which way is up anymore.

I am waiting for certainty to come back into my life. Waiting for that feeling of control to be restored. Waiting for some semblance of my old life to peak its head around the corner. Just waiting...

(Photo & Book excerpt courtesy of: http://papahere.com/the-waiting-place)

The Waiting Place…
…for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a
Yes or a No or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for
Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a sting of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
NO!That’s not for you!
Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying.
You’ll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment