Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Surprise Birthday Getaway

I have the Best. Husband. Ever.

For my birthday my husband:

Found someone to take care of the kids. (Thank you mom and dad!)
Rented a car.
Took me to Pittsburgh, PA.
Got us a hotel room.
Made reservations at a fancy restaurant.
Gave me the afternoon to do as I pleased.

 It was an awesome surprise getaway. Not too far, but far enough that it was not familiar territory. This night out was awesome. I ate some of the best food ever - I mean it was soooo gooooood.

We are home now, and I am refreshed and relaxed. I really do have an amazing husband. I wish everyone had a husband as great as mine.

Getting ready to leave in our rental car.



 I was a little miffed at the hotel personnel because there was construction EVERY WHERE!!! It was in the hallway's, in the lobby, blocking the front entrance, in the breakfast area, by the elevator's - you name it there was construction on the main floor. It was a bit of a nightmare to navigate through, and because we don't get to spend the night away from our kids too often it bummed me out more than it would have if we regularly were without them. (To make matters worse the city was working in a man hole in front of the hotel, so they were blocking the entrance to the hotel all
afternoon.)


We rode the incline up to the top of Mt. Washington. The restaurant we went to is hidden by the tree's on the left hand side of the picture.  Because I am afraid of heights it was a pretty scary experience for me, but Bob seemed to love it.



 





 




 This was our view from the restaurant which sat on top of Mt. Washington. It was so beautiful.



Me & Bobby. We make a pretty good couple, eh?




We spent the afternoon shopping and eating on Carson St. We went to an awesome deli for lunch called The Carson Street Deli. The menu was awesome. Bob and I each found something we could eat, and they had a TON of local beers on tap. I highly recommend the place to anyone going to Pittsburgh.




This was the view this morning from on top of Mt. Washington. We came back here this morning because we had such a great time up here last night. It was drizzling most of last night as well, and we wanted to catch a glimpse of the city from this view while the sun was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment