Thursday, May 23, 2013

Post Surgery Life

Funny how life can alter the course of things, and how sometimes disappointments don't seem so bad when looked at from a different perspective. My surgery was partially successful. The doctor was able to "retie" one of my tubes, but the other one did not have enough length to put back together, so he was unable to reconnect that one. I was looking at the situation from the wrong perspective because, although I was grateful that I had a better chance of conceiving than I did before the surgery, I was a little sad that it was not entirely successful. I took it upon myself to determine that if I had a 70% chance of conception with both tubes retied then I must have a 35% chance of conception with just one of them. I was feeling sorry for myself for a fleeting moment, and then realized that if it is meant to be it will be. A 35% chance is better than a .003% chance (which was what my odds were when both tubes were tied), so things are looking up.

My recovery has been both very speedy and a little bit bumpy. I was released from the hospital at 11:30ish on Saturday, and was supposed to go home and take it easy for a couple of days, but I ended up going from one hospital to another as my daughter, Sarah, was rushed to the ER for a medical condition that needed to be addressed immediately. So, instead of getting rest, I paced the ER floor and took care of my family.

I have been really watching what I have been eating in hopes to help my body heal, and it appears to be working. My incision barely hurts anymore, and I am able to sleep on my stomach (which is the only way I can get a good night's sleep). I will just be taking my recovery one day at a time, and know that if I am meant to be the mother of another child it will happen. If not, then I did everything that I could with the resources that I had, and it wasn't meant to be. I am truly okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment