Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fun Days

As I sit here and type this my children are all playing Lego's together in the girls bedroom. They are working to create a dream home for their Lego people. They started working on this project several nights ago, and I have had to pull them away from the Lego's each of the last 2 nights at bedtime.

They came home from school today at 2:30ish, and helped me put some mulch out and spring clean the garbage cans, laundry baskets, and kitchen chairs. Each helped me without complaint (except for Andy who was napping. He has poison ivy so bad his eye is swollen shut. He has missed the last few days of school because the rash is all over his body and in his eye. I have loved having him home.) and I watched each of them working and my heart was filled with love.

I have noticed lately that since I have mentioned to them the possibility of bringing them home there is more peace in this house. They are constantly playing together - all 4 of them - and getting along splendidly. Now, I have been a mother for long enough to know that there is still going to be fighting, but I am enjoying these days so very much. Josh, who normally is begging to call his friends to play, has been turning down my suggestions to call them and instead opting to stay home with his siblings. These days have been as close to perfect as they could be, and I am cherishing each and every moment.

These moments of near perfection are what I strive for each day - not because they are perfect in the way that you might imagine the word - they are perfect because we are one cohesive family. One tightly knit group of individuals who work together as a team, and have each others backs.

Since rearranging the house, and having the boys share a room again I have had the privilege of listening to their late night conversations, and I am glad that we moved them back in together. There is nothing in this world like having a brother or a sister - someone who is not mom or dad, but who is walking through this family life with you, and knows you through and through - to share late night conversations with.

When I was growing up and people would ask me what I dreamed to be when I grew up, I never really knew. I would throw out some arbitrary occupation to appease both myself and the questioner, but I never really knew. I know now that THIS is my dream life.  Being a mom to the 4 (hopefully more) children I have. Being a wife to the wonderful, wonderful man I married. Being the woman that I have slowly become. I am living my dream life each and every day, and my heart has never been filled with more gratitude for each piece that makes up my life. I hope you are living your dream life as well, and I hope that if you are not that you will take the time to find out what your dream life would look like, and then go out and create it. Many blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment