Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Waiting for Summer Break

I am anxious for the kids to be done with school. Sarah is home now, and has been since her MS diagnosis. Her neurologist thought it would be best to keep her out of school since her vision is not 100% and immune system is suppressed. Life seems a bit disjointed now. Everything seems out of whack. I just want my family home.

I am ready for them all to be with me. I am ready to begin a new routine with a new daily flow. I am ready to embrace our new life. Oh, I still have that rage sitting in my belly, but the fighter in me is also back, and she will be damned to let the rage take over her life just as I will be damned to let MS take over my daughter's life. I am ready to begin my new normal, and I will not let this disease rob us of anymore joy.

I will fight MS with everything I have, and I will not stop fighting until a cure is found, and Sarah is rid of this terrible disease. I will look into every possible remedy to keep it at bay, and talk to everyone I possibly can to get as much information as possible. Because MS is such an individual disease with no 2 people having the same journey I will get to know Sarah's MS personally. I will try and learn as much about how it reacts in her body, so that I can eventually be one step ahead of the disease. I will learn so much about her individual form of MS that the disease will recoil when it sees me coming. I will fight this disease until the day I die, if I have to.

Maybe it is wrong of me to want to hang on to my family very tightly right now, but I cannot help myself. We are not guaranteed anything in this life, and I want to make sure that each second that I am able to I am spending it with those I love the absolute most - my husband and my kids.

Including today, the kids have 7 more days of school. I am just as anxious as they are to have them come home. Lazy days at the lake, home schooling, and working as a family unit to keep a clean & organized home are how this family is going to spend its summer. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment